Awards and Honours
Belonging to the largest public university in Iran which is specialised in humanities and social sciences, the Faculty of Law and Political Sciences (LPS) enjoys a host of enthusiastic professors, researchers, and students in the areas of law, political science, international relations, regional studies, and public policy, among others. Below, the LPS members who have received national and international awards and honours are named. The list is by no means exhaustive and is being completed gradually.
Academic Staff Awards and Honours
Dr Amin Jafari
- Received the "Cultural Regions" prize from University of Paris X for his PhD dissertation, 2008;
- Founded, for the first time in Iran, the PhD programme in Business Management and Islamic Banking at the Towse'e Saba Higher Education Institute, 2015.
- Former head of Legal Studies at the Iranian Vice-Presidency for Legal Affairs;
- Member of the Strategic Council for Revision in the Majlis Laws;
- Former researcher at the Judiciary Research Centre;
- Editor at the Henri Capitant Association, France;
- Member of the Committee for French Translation and Term-Selection at the Bureau of Official Documents and Translators.
Dr Tahmoores Bashiriyeh
- Received an Olympiad Prize in Literature;
- CEO at the Association for Legal Studies;
- Counsellor to Head of the Iranian Bar Associations Union (SCODA).
Dr Hadi Ajili
- Received the International Farabi Prize in Political Sciences and International Relations, 2012
Dr Mansour Jabbari
- Tehran Azad University Award for an Outstanding Contribution to Legal Research, 2002 & 2003;
- Allameh Tabataba'i University Award for an Outstanding Contribution to Legal Research (2004)
- Visiting Scholar, Max Planck Institute for Comparative and International Private Law, 2012;
- Visiting Scholar, Windsor University, Canada, 2015;
- Editorial Board, Public Law Studies Quarterly, Tehran University;
- Editor in Chief, Journal of Public Law, Allameh Tabataba'i University, Tehran;
- Member of the editorial board of the Iranian Review for UN Studies (IRUNS);
Dr Hamid Reza Oloumi Yazdi
- Assistant and Advisor to the Vice President in Legal Affairs;
- Member (Judge) in Iran-U.S. Claims Tribunal;
- Deputy Minister of Science, Research and Technology in Legal and Parliamentary Affairs;
- Head of Center for International Legal Affairs (CILA);
- Visiting Scholar to the Allard School of Law.
Dr Mohammadreza Rahbarpour
- Member of the Iranian National Committee for Ethics.
Dr Habibollah Rahimi
- Consultant of Vice President in Legal and Parliamentary Affairs, 2001-2004;
- Top Researcher of the Faculty of Law and Political Science of Allameh Tabataba'i University, 2019.
Dr Behzad Razavifard
- Coordinating the implementation of the MoU signed between ATU and University of Poitiers;
- Sabbatical and teaching at Strasbourg University, 2018;
- Teaching Criminal and Criminology at University of Poitiers.
Dr Mohammadali Solhchi
- Member of Iranian Associations for UN Studies;
- Member of the Iranian Associations for International Criminal Law.
Dr Mehdi Zahedi
- Chairman of the Board of Directors for Iranian Intellectual Property Law Association (IRIPLA).
Jessup Moot Team
- The Best Memorial at national level, 2013; by virtue of this prize, the team was admitted into the global championship as an observer team;
- The Best Memorial Prize at national level, 2016;
- Two ATU members, Dr Esmaeil Yaghoubi and Ms Elnaz Nasari, judged in the international round, for the first time;
- The Best Memorial Prize at national level, 2019; the team was admitted into the global championship (2019) in Washington.
Vis Moot Team
- Won the spiritual prize at international level in 2015;
- Won the 10th place among more than 311 teams in 2016;
- Ms Tahmineh Madani became one of the best lawyers in 2016 Championships.
Price Media Moot Team
- Won the 3rd place at the Middle East level in 2020. By virtue of the regional prize, the ATU Media Team was admitted to global Championships held in Oxford University;
- Won the 11th place at global championships in 2020.
Henry Dunant Moot Team
- Won the first place at the first part of the national competitions in 2014;
- After taking part in 2015 national competitions, they admitted to south Asian Competitions;
- Won the 2nd place in the South Asian Competitions in 2015;
- Won the prize for the best Lawyer’s and Prosecutor’s Memorial, and the prize for the best researcher in 2016.